Hello, I'm Marinda Botha. I appreciate your interest in considering this course.
The Voice Over Industry
Many perceive the voice over industry as glamorous, but in reality, it demands substantial hard work to attain success.
I have dedicated 20 years to the voice over business, with 8 of those years immersed in the British voice over industry. Presently, I operate from my home studio in South Africa, catering to a diverse global clientele. Furthermore, I boast 6 years of teaching experience as a lecturer.
This course begins by placing emphasis on the technical aspects of voice over work, specifically microphone technique. It then progresses to delve into the heart of voice over performance, which, in my opinion, lies in the realm of voice acting. Throughout the course, we will thoroughly examine script analysis, the effective use and intentional omission of punctuation, the importance of identifying your target audience, and the art of uncovering the underlying subtext within your script.
To enroll in this course, you only need a computer and a willingness to learn. There's no requirement to purchase a microphone; exercises can be completed using the microphone on your mobile phone or computer.
Engaging in voice over acting can be incredibly enjoyable. You have the freedom to act for extended periods, even if you're having a less-than-perfect day and feel like standing barefoot behind the microphone. All the audience cares about is the quality of your voice. If you're prepared for the challenge and genuinely committed to pursuing a career as a professional voice actor, we encourage you to sign up.
The program consists of 7 comprehensive lessons, with a bonus video awaiting you at the conclusion. Take the leap!
Who this course is for
This 7 part course can be taken by complete beginners to advanced students.
- I liked the visualization technique part. I am a working actor and I do this many times while reading over a script ~ P Nickel
- I love the homework scripts that were given during these lessons. They were so fun and challenging. I've been taking online and in person classes for Voice Over and I had such fun with this class ~ J Halliburton
- Definitely a good match for me. It helped to reinforce what I already knew and push me in the direction I need to be going ~ T Geraci
- Informative and gives perspective on how else to tackle the job ~ R Bamba
- This has been a fantastic course!! One I plan on visiting until i have all the techniques down pat! The breathing exercises were something I had not seen elsewhere and have been hugely helpful! Thank you for all your hard work! ~ T Nordloh
- Instructions were thorough and covered a lot of the basics along with a lot of things to consider to provide better end audio recordings. Easily laid out concepts that build upon each other. Definitely a great course to take to start any audio recordings (which means it is great for voice artist reads, but also other audio recordings like podcasts, story telling (audio recordings) and more...) ~ L Buchholz
- I am new to the voice industry and i was very happy with Marinda's course. I came away with some very good advice and definitely a much better understanding of the industry. Thank you Marinda ~ Denan E
- Marinda focused on marking and understanding copy far better than any coach I have spoken or worked with. I appreciate the direction and understanding more than words can say. Thank you ~ Frank M
- I couldn't have asked for anything better this course has helped me greatly. This was precisely the information I was looking for. If you are looking for an amazing course, with an amazing instructor, then look no further. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED 5 STARS!!! (Not only will this course prepare you to become a professional VO artist, but you will become a better actor!) Understand there are 7 steps, but there is plenty of information, so take your time and soak it in. Take notes and do the exercises! ~ Jordan S
- Marinda is very knowledgeable on Voice Acting, and gives several really great tips and resources to further one's education on the subject. I found the exercises to be useful and have started using them in my script reads. I recommend taking the course, especially for beginning voice actors! ~ Evelyn H
What you'll learn
- Express and apply knowledge of the self-directing process for the audio performance.
- Possess a basic command of vocal technique in response to various corporate and commercial voice over scripts and in performance.
- Express working knowledge of the actor’s approach to analyzing the audio script.
- Express and demonstrate a technical know-how on microphone technique.
- You do not need any prior knowledge or experience, other than a hunger for knowledge and the commitment to practice the techniques.
- Students interested in public speaking or those wishing to improve their overall articulation or inability to speak clearly in front of others, are welcome to take this course.
- For this course you don’t need to buy a microphone. To be able to do the exercises, you may use the microphone on your mobile phone, or the one in your computer.