Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions - Understand Drug & Alcohol Addiction & Mental Health. How to help people.
Hi, thank you for your interest in our 2 hours S.A.M.H.I. Chemically Speaking Two (Brief Intervention) training program.
This program is an introduction and an ideal platform for the comprehensive Dual Diagnosis (12 hour) Advanced S.A.M.H.I. (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Intervention) Training designed for front line workers that was released during 2018.
This program will help you develop the skills to deliver brief and early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. This is part of our wider Community Development Response to ICE & Other Drugs.
Chemically Speaking Two is the 2017 upgrade to the original Chemically Speaking produced in 1999 and now provides training in:
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
- Integrative Holistic Model
- Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
- Grief Cycle & Anger
- Drink & Drug Driving
- Cycle of Addiction
- Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstacy, Cocaine)
- Optimal Health
- Stages of Change
- Costs vs Benefits – Doing a brief intervention
- Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe
Look forward to hearing from you...:)
Anyone who wants to learn how to deliver a brief intervention with loved ones using alcohol, ICE & other drugs
- Excellent course great informative speaker- George is going through course in a concise way ~ E Vaught
- This is hard hitting and truly shocking. Excellent wakeup call ~ R Craggs
- Love the Integrative Holistic Model. Well spoken, and great resources. Inspired me to get back involved with addictions and recovery work again ~ J Littler
- Really good stuff so far! Very clear and relevant. Easy to understand and assimilate ~ Oara V
- This is a great overview of how drugs and addictions in general can have a dire affect on our lives. Being able to understand and relay this information on will go a long way to changing ourselves and our loved ones whom may be struggling with some form of drug or anger ~ C Kaye
- I'm beyond impressed! This has actually taken me 4 hours because of notes and watching a few twice for all the information. Very well delivered with studies, facts, true heart concern, and evidences. Thank you! ~ K Burrell
- Wow, lots of information, I need to listen to this again and again. In fact all the courses I've taken so far have been excellent. Very thankful I found this opportunity ~ Linda J
- I really enjoyed the course. I'm currently in school to be a social service worker so figured I'd take a few extra courses on here to learn a few things the school may not offer, I thought it was very informative and interesting and really liked it! :) ~ Chelsea M
- George is easy to watch & listen to, he knows what he is talking about & doesn't ramble on about irrevelant crap. He's very personable, I can tell he has lived experience which makes me relate to him & he's casual while still being professional. The course is enlightening & informative & I'm happy to now have this under my belt so I can help others & also draw on what I have learnt & use it for my own benefit ~ Nikki J
- Develop the skills to deliver brief and early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Participants will then have the confidence to help a drug user weigh up the costs vs the benefits of their drug use and help them to move forward & stay safe.
- This course will also help people to run family support groups and prepare them for the Advanced Dual Diagnosis training.
- Understand Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
- Understand Integrative Holistic Model
- Understand Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
- Understand Grief Cycle & Anger
- Understand Drink & Drug Driving
- Understand Cycle of Addiction
- Understand harm associated with Alcohol, Tobacco, Cannabis & Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine)
- Understand Optimal Health
- Understand Stages of Change
- Understand Costs vs Benefits – doing a brief intervention
- Understand Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe.
- No prerequisites to this course.
- It is available to anyone.