Hi, thank you for your interest in our Self Paced 12 hour S.A.M.H.I. Advanced Dual Diagnosis Training (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions), which is the next level after our 2 hour S.A.M.H.I. Chemically Speaking Two (Brief Intervention) training program.
This training is also tax deductible as a work related expense and enables people to maintain professional development and upskilling.
If people want a certificate of attendance and also qualify for 12 points of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for their professional peak body (APS, ACA, AASW, CPA, PACFA, ACWA etc), they need to complete the full intensive training.
If your peak body requires a certificate from the Optimal Health Group instead, participants need to pay the normal fee of $195 from the link on our website (dualdiagnosistraining.com.au).
If you need a certificate from Optimal Health Group, please contact us at email@example.com to enrol and pay the difference between the promotional rate and the normal $195.
This advanced training covers all of the current evidence based, best practice in the Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) and Mental Health from an integrated, holistic framework.
In June 2018, S.A.M.H.I. launched its 6 modules, 12 hour course on Dual Diagnosis Training (www.samhi.online). This training will equip workers to be able to deliver brief & early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues, as well as advanced psychotherapeutic skills. This is the same as the comprehensive 2 day advanced training that is being delivered live across Australia and explained on our Dual Diagnosis Training Australian website.
The reason why S.A.M.H.I Dual Diagnosis Training has gone online is to expand the coverage of the highly acclaimed, comprehensive 2 day advanced Dual Diagnosis Training designed and presented by George Patriki. George and many of his staff will still be conducting live training under the banner of Dual Diagnosis Training in conjunction with the online adapted S.A.M.H.I course. We have very specifically and deliberately made this course very affordable at $195. This is half price. Join with us to address the alarming substance abuse and the co-morbid mental health issues that are rising in our communities across Australia and overseas.
Module 1: Drugs & Effects
- Cycle of Addiction
- Drink & Drug Driving
- Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine)
- Inhalants (volatile substances)
Module 2: Addictions & Mental Health
- Dual Diagnosis
- Integrative Holistic Model
- Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions
Module 3: Harm Minimisation & Optimal Health
- Orthomolecular Science, Functional Medicine & Optimal Health
Module 4. Neuropharmacology & Neurophysiology (Brain Works)
- Psychosis vs Dissociation
Module 5: Trauma model & Keys to Treatment
- Guilt vs Shame
- Dealing with ambivalence
Module 6: Brief & Early Intervention and Tripod of Support
- Stages of Change
- Costs vs Benefits – Doing a brief intervention
This course is Self Paced and will also help people to run family support groups and receive updated skills in evidence base best practice from an integrative holistic approach.
Who this course is for
- Anyone who wants to learn how to deliver a brief intervention with loved ones using alcohol, ICE & other drugs
- Advanced practitioners who want to receive updated skills in evidence base best practice from an integrative holistic approach
- Clinicians and Counsellors that would like to earn 12 points of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) for their counselling peak body (APS, ACA, AASW, CPS, PACFA etc)
- This class is a great eye opener. Some stories were very graphic but at the same time it is the reality we are living in this world. I would recommend this class to my coworkers, friends and family. Excellent class ~ L Torres
- This course is very informative on how drug work on the brain function. The knowledge I'm learning is very important when working with minors who abuse illegal drugs and what they are experiencing in regards reactions and responses ~ Zenia S
- Finding the information very informative. Love the honesty about how our society fights to create a complete work-together plan ~ Alfred C
- This course gave me so much more information than I was expecting. I found it really useful and applicable for my role ~ S A Lennard
- As a social worker, this course has provided some excellent insights and content that I will be able to take directly into the workplace. I am particularly excited to begin using the cost analysis which will open the door to some really robust conversations. Thanks George for taking me on this journey; I would love to attend a live class if you ever head to Victoria ~ Wendee L
- Very insightful. Very complete. I believe it will be very helpful to my clients when i interact with them now. I have a better understanding of what might be happening ~ Huber C
- This course was excellent. The instructor was outstanding. His knowledge and ability to educate others on the subject matter was life changing ~ H Paula
- This is a fantastic learning experience so far. George is an engaging and highly knowledge presenter and the content is keeping me interested to keep watching the online learning modules/videos! ~ Nicola B
- George, this entire program was very engaging and well done. You are a gift to humanity. I highly recommend it to everyone. Lord willing, it will make its way into all schools. This type of program is necessary in today’s society ~ Nancy R
- George is an amazing speaker, very engaging and able to impart a great amount of information and easy and informative way that people can understand. Then, you can take that information and "pay it forward" to others ~ Ellen V
- This course is an excellent match for me. I work with many youth who suffer from dual diagnosis and it is difficult to understand the affects of drugs on their mental health issues. Great course! ~ Harrington O
What you'll learn
- Develop the skills to deliver brief and early interventions to people struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- This course will also help people to run family support groups and receive updated skills in evidence base best practice from an integrative holistic approach.
- Understand Cycle of Addiction
- Understand harm associated with Alcohol, Tobacco, Cannabis & Stimulants (Speed, Ice, Ecstasy, Cocaine), Inhalants (volatile substances), Drink & Drug Driving
- Understand Substance Abuse & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis)
- Understand Integrative Holistic Model
- Understand Needs & Underlying Issues that drive addictions including Grief Cycle & Anger
- Understand Pharmacotherapies
- Understand Orthomolecular Science, Functional Medicine & Optimal Health
- Understand Neuroplasticity
- Understand Neurotransmitters
- Understand Psychosis vs Dissociation
- Understand Existentialism and Psychospirituality
- Understand Trauma model & Keys to Treatment; Guilt vs Shame; Dealing with ambivalence
- Understand Brief & Early Intervention
- Understand Stages of Change
- Understand Costs vs Benefits – doing a brief intervention
- Understand Tripod of Support for the drug user to help them move forward & stay safe.
Self paced training.