If you are new to DevOps, this course will give you the basic information about DevOps, including key concepts and the terminologies.
This course covers the DevOps Full Stack: People and Culture, Processes and Practices, Technology and Automation.
People and Culture
You will be able to summarize the cultural, structural, and technological barriers that IT faces, when attempting to deliver services at the right quality, speed, and cost, and why challenges are faced when implementing DevOps in today’s organizations.
Processes and Practices
We will also discuss 15 very specific practices, related to culture, processes, and automation that are must-haves for effective delivery of DevOps.
You will also be able to describe how DevOps practices transform processes, utilizing Lean, Agile, and ITSM accelerators to solve the process design problems facing IT.
Technology and Automation
You will understand the benefits of automation and the tools for a DevOps toolchain. You will learn about Continuous Integration, Automated Build, Automated Testing, Automated Provisioning, Automated Deployment, cloud technology and virtualization, and architecting for Continuous Delivery.
This course will tell you about silo mentality and consequences. And how to break the Wall of Confusion, in which Development and Operations don't understand each other.
You will learn why Development and Operations need to share priorities and goals to help break down the silos that are currently a problem for IT. There is also a need for sharing processes and knowledge to achieve flow as emphasised in the First Way and for sharing feedback as emphasised in the Second Way. Most importantly, Development and Operations ultimately need to understand that they have always shared successes and failures.
This course will give you everything you need to know to start with DevOps.
Who this course is for
- System administrators
- IT Operations
- IT professionals
- This course is Packed full of useful information. An amazing job by the instructor to collect and present a comprehensive introduction and overview of DevOps and the many frameworks, processes and practices. Highly recommended! ~ Richard V
- Really Insightful course, really like the course because the instructor really explain in details for everything ~ E Kristoforus
- Very interesting issues explained between Development and Operations ~ Anton S
What you'll learn
- 15 DevOps practices related to culture, processes, and automation;
- Explain the key principles, and concepts of DevOps, including The Three Ways;
- Describe how DevOps practices transform processes with Lean, Agile, and ITSM;
- How to break silo between Development and Operations.
No previous knowledge required.