Are you responsible for guiding the performance of others and wish to enhance the effectiveness and comfort of this process?
This workshop is tailored to equip you with the essential skills and techniques needed to provide constructive feedback that yields observable and positive outcomes for all involved. It will bolster your confidence and capability to become a reliable source of support and guidance for others, earning respect for your fairness and focus on achieving the right outcomes and interests.
Moreover, it will empower you to assist others in reaching their goals. In cases where despite your best efforts, things do not progress as they should, you will be equipped with a clear and robust approach to address such situations.
By mastering the art of giving feedback and managing differences appropriately, you can ensure that tasks are completed successfully without jeopardizing relationships, thus facilitating the achievement or even surpassing of your goals.
Whether you currently hold or aspire to attain a leadership or management role, the ability to provide timely and effective feedback in a manner that commands respect and is frequently sought after can significantly enhance your value to the organization. Furthermore, you may find that the principles covered in this workshop have relevance to your personal life as well.
This workshop is designed to facilitate the acquisition of these skills and techniques in a straightforward manner. More significantly, the learning methodology and practical activities/assignments included will enable you to master these skills, tailor them to your own style and approach, and apply them effectively to the demands of your role and the day-to-day challenges you encounter.
Workshop Resource Description
We will utilize the downloadable "Giving Feedback and Managing Differences Workbook" resource. This resource includes copies of essential slides and notes, application exercises, and assignments to be completed during and after the workshop. It also contains a self-assessment test for mastery, action plans for continuous development, assistance in facing future challenges, and additional information with relevant links.
The workbook covers the following topics:
- Understanding "Feedback" in comparison to other communication forms: its significance, benefits, and limitations.
- The importance of giving feedback to the coached, to oneself, and to other involved parties.
- The current significance of the Social/Business Compact in relation to feedback.
- Identifying barriers to giving feedback and strategies to overcome them.
- Providing feedback to peers or superiors.
- Different types of feedback.
- Engaging in lateral thinking exercises.
- Positive feedback - emphasizing credit.
- Balanced feedback - focusing on development without utilizing the sandwich technique.
- Negative feedback - for corrective purposes.
- Managing differences - addressing situations where attempts to change others' performance have been unsuccessful and the need to implement changes.
- Concluding remarks.
This standalone workshop is part of a series of interconnected "Learning For Results" programs designed to support individuals in achieving success in today’s dynamic environment.
Who this course is for
Any individual with a need to help others achieve results.
What you'll learn
- The critical Why, Who, What, Where, When and How of giving feedback and the different forms it can take to deliver the results you require.
- How to manage with strength and openness when feedback does not produce the results you need and/or want.
- Straightforward, Global Best Practice skills and approaches that focus on outcomes in today’s world.
- The Value of feedback to you, the other person and to the overall outcome and/or business.
- How to overcome the Barriers to giving feedback.
- The Social/Business compact – relationships and their impact.
- And this workshop is Fun!
A desire to help others maintain or improve great performance.