Would you like to enhance your portrait photography skills and achieve even greater results?
Look no further! This course is designed to equip you with a myriad of professional tips and techniques for capturing breathtaking portraits in various settings, both indoor and outdoor.
Elevating Your Portrait Game
Uncover the secrets to creating compelling portraits and gain confidence in your abilities to direct and capture your subjects effectively.
Mastering the Art of Lighting
Learn the fundamental principles of portrait lighting and explore different lighting patterns to enhance your portraits.
Discover innovative approaches for photographing individuals in real-time sessions at different locations.
Capturing Families and Children
Acquire relaxed methods for conducting live photo sessions with families and children, and glean valuable tips for eliciting great expressions from your subjects.
The Art of Posing
Explore techniques for posing subjects to achieve natural and relaxed looks, adding a touch of authenticity to your portraits.
Gain insights from live maternity sessions, observing how to capture the beauty of pregnancy in compelling and sensitive ways.
Specialist Portrait Ideas
Uncover specialized concepts and ideas for creating truly remarkable portraits that stand out from the rest.
Portrait Photography for All Levels
This comprehensive course is designed to cater to beginners, intermediates, and advanced photographers, equipping you with the essential foundations of portrait photography while providing numerous tips and techniques for infusing creativity and dynamism into your portraits.
Inclusive Photography Sessions
In addition to utilizing professional models, this course offers live sessions featuring friends and families, including children. These sessions often take place in various locations such as parks, allowing for a diverse range of portrait opportunities.
Diverse Learning Experience
The course encompasses a wide range of techniques, covering both natural light and off camera flash portraits, and introduces specialized concepts that are easily reproducible. Moreover, it provides valuable insights into composition and the art of interacting with subjects to elicit authentic expressions.
Empowering You as a Photographer
By the end of this course, you will be armed with a wealth of knowledge and techniques, empowering you to approach portrait photography with confidence and creativity. Say goodbye to uncertainty and hesitation, and hello to a new level of mastery in the world of portrait photography!
Who this course is for
Beginner and intermediate photographers, and even advanced photographers wishing to learn new skills.
- Bernie does a wonderful job of explaining and then demonstrating the techniques that he uses. It’s so much easier to comprehend when taught this way ~ A Lumpkin
- I'm neither a beginner nor a professional, I enjoyed the course from the first to the last section Bernie. I particularly enjoyed that you are taking it easy and don't seem to take yourself too seriously which shows to me personally that you are very comfortable with what you do. The fact that you were admitting and showing your mistakes made me feel very comfortable. Nice one, Moving to your next course soon ~ Emmanouil K
- Fantastic course with lots of great tips and tricks and real life examples. Bernie is great fun and I love that he doesn't take himself (or his models) too seriously :) ~ Bryony C
- This was a great course for the beginner or intermediate student. I enjoyed the relaxed style of the presenter who gave us a course with a good basic introduction to portraiture and lighting, excellent videos of using both natural light and flash. I'm looking forward to putting his excellent advice into practice. Thanks Bernie! ~ D McIlwain
- Bernie obviously knows the material, and is able to convey ideas in simple terms. His British wit keeps the tone lively and entertaining, while he keeps on point ~ J Westlake
- Honestly, when I started the course, I thought Bernie is some high-headed guy with a bunch of dogmas. How wrong I was! He is fun, amicable, nice to watch, and has a load of photography knowledge which photographers, and especially beginners, can learn. Though I have been doing photography for 10 years now, I still learnt a lot. Thanks Bernie and God bless you!! ~ Buddhaditya P
- A very informative course and I've learnt a whole lot. I am going to practice the things that you did and this course also gave me ideas when I am shooting. Great job and this course is very beneficial to me ~ E Mae Rolle
- I loved this course, lots of useful ideas to try out without breaking the bank. Would definitely recommend to any anyone wanting to improve their portrait photography. Thank you Bernie ~ Cheryl F
- Excellent tutor. Very easy to follow and looking forward to try out the lessons learnt. Just hoping to succeed as the course was brilliant ~ A Scicluna
- This is now my 3rd course with Bernie and I'm already a big fan of his open friendly way to communicate with people. And of course he has great tips to get the best of light and shadows for the portraits. What I really like in his courses is the possibility to take great photos with non-expensive equipment. Time to practice now for me :) ~ P Leinfellner
What you'll learn
- Learn how to improve your portrait photos.
- Learn how to add drama to portraits for more creativity.
- Learn how to get great expressions and reactions from your subjects.
- Learn the fundamentals of portrait lighting.
- Discover great tips, tricks and ideas in live photo sessions with models, families and children.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera and a basic understanding of its use.
- A keen desire to learn more about shooting portraits.