If you have a deep-rooted passion for the intricate beauty of botanical art and an unwavering desire to master the delicate and realistic portrayal of cherry blossoms using watercolor techniques, then this meticulously crafted course is specifically designed to cater to your artistic aspirations.
Whether you find yourself at an intermediate level, yearning to refine your existing skills, or a beginner eagerly seeking a new challenge, this class guarantees an immersive and enriching experience that will undoubtedly elevate your artistic journey.
Intermediate and beginner artists seeking a rewarding artistic journey
Cherry Blossom Focus
Step-by-step guidance to paint exquisite cherry blossoms
Recorded live sessions ensuring an unhurried learning experience
Before delving into the painting process, the course will cover essential topics such as:
- Understanding key watercolor features such as transparency, opacity, and density
- Exploring techniques to achieve light and dark tones, differentiate density from tone, and create the desired tone
- Establishing a suitable color scheme for seamless color transitions and a harmonious color palette
- Mastering the art of sketching to facilitate a smooth transition to watercolor painting
During the painting phase, you will benefit from:
- Detailed explanations of each painting action and color selection
- Opportunities to observe the entire process and seek clarifications through real-time interaction
- Instruction on creating smooth washes, blending delicate colors, and painting lifelike flowers without outlining, leading to the creation of realistic artwork
So, whether you are an aspiring artist or a seasoned enthusiast, this course guarantees to nurture your passion for botanical watercolor painting and equip you with the skills to bring gentle cherry blossoms to life on canvas.
Who this course is for
Intermediate level students wanting to learn more or curious beginners up for a challenge.
What you'll learn
- How to define transparency, opacity, density of watercolor.
- How to mix colors to achieve darker tones.
- How to combine colors to get nice color combinations.
- How to create your own color palette for your painting.
- How to achieve smooth color transitions when painting petals.
- How to paint a realistic flower without outlining it like in a coloring book.
- and so much more!
- You need to have some basic understanding of watercolor and its behavior. If you have never painted with watercolor before, this class will be too challenging for you.
- However, if you are already familiar with this medium, you can surely take up the challenge as I show every step I take.
- This course is perfect for intermediate-level artists who want to improve their skills. And those who love painting floral artworks.
- Watercolor paper (can be cellulose), 300 gsm, cold press or hot press.
- Pencil (can be automatic).
- Watercolor set (can use student grade paint).
- Brushes: synthetic pointy brush middle size and small size.
- Bucket of clean water, paper towels, eraser.
More about materials I use for this painting is in my lesson inside the course.