This course is specifically tailored to cater to the needs of individuals who are new to the field of system and network administration. It aims to equip them with the necessary skills and expertise to proficiently strategize, implement, and set up Windows Server 2019.
Planning and Installation
Detailed guidance is provided on how to identify and acquire the necessary hardware for your needs. Additionally, the process of selecting the appropriate edition of Windows Server is explained, ensuring compatibility and optimal performance. Furthermore, step-by-step instructions are given on how to install the core operating system, ensuring a smooth and successful installation process.
Utilizing legacy admin tools and Windows PowerShell to configure network addressing, storage, features, and roles to meet the specific requirements and demands of the organization, ensuring optimal functionality and efficiency. This involves leveraging the capabilities of the existing administrative tools and harnessing the power of Windows PowerShell to effectively manage and manipulate various aspects of the network infrastructure, such as addressing schemes, storage configurations, and the activation of specific features and roles. By employing these tools and techniques, organizations can tailor their network environments to align with their unique needs and objectives, ultimately enhancing productivity and streamlining operations.
- Planning the server hardware
- Installing Windows Server 2019
- Configuring storage
- Configuring roles
- Managing features on demand
- Migrating roles and features to other servers with SMIG
Securing Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2019 boasts a wide range of security features. Understanding and correctly configuring these features is crucial in any server environment.
- The course focuses on fully securing Windows Server 2019 and leveraging its built-in security capabilities.
The course emphasizes a hands-on approach with 100% dedicated hands-on labs and exercises based on real-life scenarios and production-tested methods.
Who this course is for
- Anyone wanting to gain Microsoft server administration experience.
- Anyone wanting help in preparing for their Microsoft server exam.
- Professor K covered many interesting details about Windows Server 2019. I am glad I took his course. I highly recommend his course to others ~ Howard H
- Wow... This information is definitely very critical to follow. Good Job ~ Roy
- The course has offered me almost all the hands on experience i need at my workplace. Am thankful for giving me this opportunity ~ H Techie-Menson
- Prof. K has always been amazing in imparting his knowledge to his students. The quality of the lectures is always of the highest and the Information has been very straight forward and easy to understand ~ Ferdinand A
- It was very easy and to the point and clear the concept ~ Ahsan S
What you'll learn
- Install and configure Windows Server 2019, implement storage, and maintain server environments.
- How to build Windows servers and add roles and features
- Create a Windows Server 2019 Virtualized Lab Using Virtualbox
- Learn about the FSMO roles and their importance in your network
- Desktop PC or laptop with a minimum of 8 GB of RAM (16 GB preferred)
- System BIOS with virtualization capabilities.
- Recommend but not required completion either my Server 2012, 2016 or Server 2019 Part I
- Willingness to learn