This course of instruction covers the grade 5 ABRSM theory syllabus in full. Within the syllabus you will be shown the basic principles of music theory covering key areas which will enhance your understanding and lay the foundations for study at higher levels. The course is delivered via video tuition. This course will provide you with a fast track opportunity to gain the necessary knowledge to pass the graded theory exams. This knowledge will open up many doors for aspiring musicians. If you acquire a certain amount of understanding of the 'nuts and bolts' of theory you will be able to learn to read music with ease. Having an understanding of theory will increase your opportunities of playing music with others. If you read music you can join local groups, bands or orchestra's and enjoy playing with like minded musicians. If you need to gain your grade 5 ABRSM theory exam or if you just wish to brush up on your theory knowledge, this course is for you. ABRSM currently works in over 90 different countries around the world. ABRSM are currently rolling out examinations online so where ever you live in the world there will be an opportunity to sit the exam.
Who this course is for
- This course is particularly suited to students embarking on ABRSM grade 5 theory exams.
- It will also be of benefit to those just wishing to brush up on their theory knowledge.
- The course is a good accompaniment to Grade 5 studies. I find it keeps me motivated ~ P Chambers
- It's great, really helped me to learn grade 5 music theory, and I would recommend it to someone else. Thank You! ~ B Benson
- Brilliant, really explained well ~ A Foster
- Well written and very clear making it easy to understand ~ M Razzaq
- Clearly explained and nice pace ~ D Mottershead
- Very clear and thorough ~ E Potts
What you'll learn
The learning modules cover cadences, chords, clefs, composition, key signatures, modulation, ornaments, technical names, time signatures and transposition to name but a few.
It would be advisable to have studied grades 1 - 4 before embarking on this course.