Leadership in Emergency Management is one of three courses we have available covering emergency management in places of public assembly or venues as we refer to them.
This course has been written for people working in a venue who want to understand more about emergency planning and to improve their skills in this area. Whilst aimed at entertainment venues and places of public assembly this course also provides information that can absolutely be applied for those people who have planning responsibilities in other types of facilities. We are currently working on a course for general facilities so please get in contact if you would like a notification for when that course is ready.
The other courses that make up the suite of emergency management covers the three levels of planning (emergency planning), leading (this course) and participating (emergency management) an emergency situation.
This course is presented in six sections - the First section is the introduction and details why you should take this course, the Last section includes a farewell and the assessment. The other sections cover Potential Emergencies for Venues where we present on a number of scenarios that are most likely to occur in entertainment venues and what you as a chief warden need to understand to plan and prepare for an emergency.
Section Three is all about the emergency control organisation - you might call it something else in your part of the world but this is the part of the organisation that respond to emergencies. Understanding how this organisation works will help you understand your role and responsibility in an emergency.
Section Four helps us understand the key considerations for our emergency response procedures and is a good place to start if you think your organisation has gaps in these procedures.
The Final learning section is dedicated to improving your chief warden skills and identifying who will make a good chief warden. It includes leadership and communication in emergencies, being calm under pressure and how to improve your situational awareness and finally we give you some practice in making decisions during an emergency.
Emergencies in venues can and do happen and the more prepared you are the more able you will be able to make decisions in what will be an extremely stressful and difficult time. We use our combine learnings from years in the venue management industry and our experience in real life emergency situations to provide you with the knowledge and skills to set you up for success!
Who this course is for
- Anyone with a responsibility to lead and emergency within a venue or facility
- People looking to develop leadership and communication skills in an emergency situation
- Incredibly detailed foundation for leadership in emergency management. Resources are valuable and relevant ~ E MacDonald
- Thanks for this great informative, concise and well organized course; Sure I'll enroll myself in your other emergency courses; Great course, Keep up the good work ~ S Sabry
- It is very interesting to know the potential emergencies for venues (Active Shooter) and how to escape + Hide + take an action and to aware others. This is really new and interesting for me to know it ~ Khawla A
What you'll learn
- What an emergency control organisation is and what it does
- How to lead an organisation in an emergency situation
- Decide on evacuation choices in response to an emergency and work with emergency services
- Create emergency procedures
- Be able to understand key concepts
- Be willing to add to learning by using the additional resources provided