The aim of this course is to instruct on obtaining an additional hundred to a thousand referrals. With these extra referrals, the goal is to generate additional income based on the concepts presented in this program!
There are three methods to enhance your results with referrals – Inner Game, Outer Game, and Action. The inner game refers to your mindset, the outer game pertains to the "how to," and action involves your implementation.
My top recommendation is Continuous Sales Improvement (CSI), which should be applied to referrals. CSI involves dedicating time each week, from 15 minutes to an hour, to enhance your sales skills, with today's focus being on referrals. You can explore referral techniques and seek insights from other experts in your field. Emulate successful techniques to improve your results.
Embracing the Referral Mindset
Mindsets are dynamic, not rigid. They can evolve. It's not just about your current skillsets; it's about your potential and the possibilities for growth. Excelling at referrals is achievable. With dedication, you can even master the art of referrals. What's your story with referrals
There are four primary motivations behind people giving referrals:
- Desire to Assist: They want to help you.
- Desire to Aid Others: They want to help the person they are referring to you.
- Response to Request: Because you asked.
- Incentivized Referrals: They are being incentivized.
Part 1: Setting Referral Goals
One approach is to establish referral goals, whether for the month or the entire year. A recommended goal-setting method is G.S.A – Goal, Strategy, Action. Begin by defining a specific referral target and documenting it. Subsequently, outline a plan detailing how these referrals will be acquired, constituting the strategy. Finally, execute the planned actions to attain the set referral goals.
Another concept involves assessing the financial impact of each referral in relation to a successful sale. By calculating the monetary value derived from a single referral leading to a sale, one can comprehend its immediate worth (or sales profits). Furthermore, considering the potential long-term value stemming from referrals can offer additional insights. Ultimately, it is essential to recognize that referrals hold tangible financial significance.
Part 2: Referral Language
An additional suggestion pertains to refining the language employed when discussing referrals. It is imperative to evaluate one's internal dialogue concerning referrals. Instead of stating, "I struggle how to ask for referrals," adopt more empowering affirmations such as "I excel at seeking referrals." The transformation begins with language, and by embracing positive and empowering language, one can drive favorable changes in referral outcomes.
Mastering the 3-Way Introduction
I encourage you to carefully study this module at least 14 times! The 3-way introduction serves as the key to unlocking access to valuable opportunities. Rather than making cold calls, utilizing a 3-way introduction based on a referral significantly enhances the chances of your call being well-received, securing appointments, and closing deals. This type of introduction can be executed through group texts, emails, or direct messages on platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn. It truly holds the potential to unlock valuable opportunities for you.
Effective Referral Strategies
Part 1: Developing a Referral System
One of the most impactful actions you can take is to establish a method for requesting referrals from your current clients or customer list. A system is a repeatable process, and a well-designed system can consistently generate referrals for you. Seek out a system that has been successful for someone in your company or industry and model it to suit your needs. In this section, I discuss a referrals program that I adopted from my time working for Tony Robbins, which yielded a significant number of new referrals.
Part 2: Leveraging Networks for Referrals
Another approach is to leverage networks instead of engaging in one-on-one selling. Traditional sales involve acquiring a lead, delivering a sales presentation, and making a sale or not. Leveraging networks differs from this approach. Rather than focusing on selling to a single individual, consider their network. Identify who your existing customers know and build a rapport with them, encouraging them to refer you to their network.
Establish a reciprocal, referral relationship (RRR) by locating individuals who have connections with your customer and inspiring them to endorse and refer you to their network, while reciprocating the gesture. Envision cultivating these relationships with 10 different individuals, resulting in a steady influx of referrals. Set a target for the number of these relationships you aim to establish, devise a plan, and take action until these connections are established.
If you are aiming to receive referrals, prioritize being a referral provider and performing exceptionally well so that others are motivated to refer you. In this section, I narrate a personal experience of how I generated a referral that led to me securing my ideal position as a trainer with Tony Robbins. Whenever you aim to approach someone asking for referrals, consider how you can establish an initial connection. Seek opportunities to initiate a referral.
Congratulations on successfully completing the course! It's time to put the knowledge into action and apply the concepts you've learned to increase your referral network. You are now a master of generating referrals!
Who this course is for
New, beginner, and advanced level sales professionals looking to learn new skills to add to their tool belt.
- I love the mentality of how you can focus your mindset to make it much easier to prospect clients! ~ Aaron L
- One of the best course of selling I had done. Even if I already have experience in selling, I learned few new tricks. I truly recommend ~ Alexandru G
- Excellent course!!! Filled with tons of tips and tricks to help make you a better salesperson. Also the instructor is super engaging and fun to watch. I loved it! ~ Kenneth
- What an awesome course. Eric is delivering some really great info, and it is in bite size, understandable, chunks...love it...I'm sure I'll be well-versed in sales with this course ~ Diana R
- Very informative! Receiving lots of information from a very experienced and competent trainer. I'm sure this will help me improve my skills as a sales professional ~ Thomas H
- Eric is really amazing...so focused and I love these Golden Nuggets that make this course really worthwhile. One of those Nuggets will resonate with me and it will 100X the return on my investment in the course ~ Neil E
- I really enjoyed the course. Being self taught through YouTube, I felt a little lost trying to find prospects. This course gave me the tips and tricks that actually helped me find the right prospects and send them emails ~ Shubham J
- The content is excellent. It gives me an overview of Business Development and Sales. As a result, I feel inspired and have a clear picture of this role and what to do to achieve success in my career. I feel delighted and looking forward to coming back to continue the next section ~ Allen E
What you'll learn
- 5 of Eric's top referral generating ideas.
- Eric's #1 strategy to generate more leads by leveraging networks.
- How Eric used a referral strategy to land his dream job.
No prior experience necessary! We'll teach you everything you need to know.