Are you seeking ways to enhance your value as a salesperson, secure business in the short term, and still maintain strong, enduring customer relationships?
This workshop transforms the art of selling into a scientific approach. It is tailored to impart the essential skills and mindset necessary for you to become an exceptional salesperson who is viewed as an invaluable asset by your customers.
The workshop will enhance your ability to uncover your customers' genuine needs and amplify your positive influence when demonstrating how you can contribute to their success. When your customers succeed, your success will naturally follow.
Additionally, the workshop will provide guidance on "earning the right" to engage in business discussions and advancing the sales process, from identifying the next crucial step in the purchasing process to securing the sale, contract, or relationship, all while maintaining sales confidence and sales consistency.
Whether you hold the role of a Global Account Director, Sales Manager, or are new to a sales career, whether you are incentivized by commission based on revenue or profit, or receive a substantial salary with advantageous share options, and whether you manage long-term complex relationships or aim to close a sale in a single customer interaction, you likely recognize the necessity of mastering and utilizing these Four Essential sales skills in your sales-related responsibilities.
This workshop will equip you with these skills, help you refine them, or serve as a reminder of their significant value in facilitating the achievement or surpassing of your objectives. You might even identify ways in which these skills can enrich your personal life.
This workshop is designed to facilitate the acquisition of essential skills and processes in a user-friendly manner. The sales techniques and activities/assignments are tailored to enable participants to practice, personalize, and apply these skills effectively in their specific roles and day-to-day scenarios.
Resources and Structure
Participants will have access to the Selling Skills Professional Best Practice Workbook, which includes key slides and notes, Application Exercises and Assignments to be completed during and after the Workshop, Self-Assessment test for mastery, Action Plans for ongoing development, and further information with links. This workshop is a standalone program within a series of interconnected Learning For Results initiatives aimed at enhancing sales transformation in today’s professional landscape.
Note on Workshop Coverage
It's important to note that this workshop does not address handling or managing customer objections or concerns. For that specific area, the workshop titled Sales Objections: How to Handle and Overcome Them with Ease is more suitable.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- The Value of the Salesperson today and tomorrow
- The Overall Structure of the sales conversation or interaction
- Sales Success and the balance between immediate results and long-term relationships
- The Skill of OPENING – its purpose, timing, and methodology
- The Skill of PROBING – its purpose, timing, and methodology
- The Skill of REALISING – its purpose, timing, and methodology
- The Skill of CONCLUDING – its purpose, timing, and methodology
- 18 ADDITIONAL “sales closing” techniques and the benefits and drawbacks of the top 6
- The Way Ahead
Who this course is for
Anyone involved in sales who needs to win more business now while building long term customer relationships.
What you'll learn
- Getting the sale while developing the Long-Term Relationship, with full focus on the Purpose, the Timing and the How of the Four Essential Skills
- The tangible customer Value the Salespersons’ behaviour can add with a professional sales approach
- Straightforward Global Best Practice skills and approaches that focus on outcomes in today’s world
- The importance of and how to use the customers’ buying process
- Additional techniques hints and tips around closing the sale
- And this workshop is Fun!
None, though some experience in selling will be helpful as we need to connect to real situations.