To be successful in today’s digital advertising industry you need to keep up with new products, trends, and companies. But without on the job training, this can be difficult. In this course I explain important topics and how it applies to major brands and businesses.
I also review companies that specialize in these products. I don’t just explain location targeting or how retargeting works, but I show you the companies that specialize in those products so you have a clearer picture of the space.
If you work in advertising, media, digital, or any combination of those then this course is for you. Go beyond asking for geo-targeted media and learn the difference between the types of targeting available to make a more informed buy. Don’t just know the difference between a DSP and SSP, see a real-life example of how to setup a campaign in these platforms.
Need to negotiate a contract? I walk through the process, parties involved, and give advice on how to handle it. Worried about Ad Blocking? I explain how it works and how the industry has responded.
I even include interviews with industry experts from major companies like Google. These experts have decades of experience and work for some of the largest and most popular companies in the world. They share insights and knowledge about the space that can only come from someone who’s currently working in a senior management position.
- Location Targeting: IP, Wifi, GPS. What’s the difference between these types of targeting and how do they work on Desktop and Mobile?
- Beacons: What is Beacon technology, how is it different from GPS, and best practices.
- Retargeting: We’ve all seen a retargeting ad campaign, but how does it work?
- Bid Requests: Part of the RTB (Real Time Bidding) process of course requires someone to bid. But how does that work and what exactly are they bidding on?
- Research: Research is how you can decide what to say, where to say it, and sell through your ideas. We review helpful tools and show you how the pros do it.
- Platform Demos: You’ve heard of these platforms, and you may even understand what they do. But have you ever used them? We see how to setup real-life campaigns in three major ad-tech platforms.
- Demand Side Platform (DSP)
- Supply Side Platform (SSP)
- Facebook Power Editor
- Contract Negotiations: Once you’ve decided where you want to run an ad campaign, you need to buy the media. But large budgets will give you the ability to negotiate things like pricing and flights. We review the process and parties involved.
- Ad Blocking: Ad Blocking is a HUGE issue in the industry. We review how it works, ad blocking companies, and the industry’s response.
- Social Listening: How do companies know what people are saying about you? Social listening. But this is so much more than just doing a Facebook or Twitter search. I do a demo of a real Social Listening platform.
- Interviews with Industry Experts
So sign-up, take notes, and let’s get started!
- Those looking to become a true pro at digital marketing and digital advertising
- Students looking to expand their knowledge of the digital advertising industry
- Professionals looking to further their career in digital marketing and advertising
- ★★★★★ “The course is really helping me to understanding the ideas and the tools of digital advertising which will surely attached on my knowledge book.” ~ Ajinkya Khadse
- ★★★★★ “The hands on demos of the various platforms and research tools in the digital advertising ecosystem, along with the insightful interview with an industry professional, really set this course apart. Good foundational knowledge for somebody looking to enter the digital advertising space. Together with the 101 and 201 course, this was a comprehensive and coherent summary of many of the key topics to get you started.” ~ Josh Crowhurst
- ★★★★★ “Great course good content and easy to understand.” ~ Sriram Achanta
- ★★★★★ “Great course; very insightful and useful for digital marketing professionals!” ~ Rosemarie
- ★★★★★ “A very detailed and knowledge-deepening course. Worth the price and time spent.” ~ Marcin Szymczak
- Understand advanced digital marketing topics
- Fully understand how location targeting works, GPS targeting, and beacons
- Understand how retargeting works, and how advertisers serve you a message
- See what a bid request looks like and the data it contains
- Find out where to get the best research for your campaigns
- Become a pro at contract negotiations
- Understand how ad-blocking works, the history behind it, and how the industry is adapting
- Run a social media marketing campaign
- Facilitate a social listening exercise
- Join over 7,000 students who have taken similar courses on digital marketing and digital advertising
- Hear first hand from industry professionals what's coming up in the world of digital marketing and digital advertising
- Have a working knowledge of digital marketing and digital advertising
- Complete both Digital Advertising & Marketing 101 and 201 courses
- Know the difference between ad-tech companies like DSPs, Networks, Exchanges, and others
- Understand the basics of programmatic advertising
- Be aware of the different kinds of companies like agencies, publishers, tech companies, and end advertisers